Monday, June 21, 2010

Desperate Teenagers

Gambar Hiasan


It was a week before Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Whilst, most of my friends and relatives were packing and doing last minute of shopping, I had to work on a proposal for my company. Being a self-employed woman, running up and down the office,creating my own time always remain as my footnote. Why should I wait? I feed and pay myself and that is the role of being a director of a company . I must not wait for instructions.

However, no one can predict destiny. In business, we tend to make a long term prediction and assumption. However, God has yet to overrule all those principles. An incident which I would never forget has happened to me during the last ten days of Ramadhan. It occurred in just split seconds. After breaking fast, I decided to surf online through the internet at one cybercafe near my place. As I walked in, I realized not many customers were there. There were only three people including me. I wondered and questioned myself. Where are those people who used to clamp the place during day time? Ops, I suddenly remembered, they were all busy preparing themselves for 'Balik Kampung' for Aidilfitri.

After 10 minutes settling down myself at a PC near the front table, I noticed two young men walked in and passed me. They were heading nowhere. They were curiously looking for something. At first, I thought they were looking for their friends. They moved quite fast but I still did not smell anything nor sensed something odd.

I continued opening files and googling. However their suspicious act provoked me from focusing on my work. I wished I was not there, but I was fated to witness a robbery. Just in front of my table, one of the guy who appeared to lead the team, took out his parang and smashed it on the table in front of me. He was angry after not getting any sum of money he asked from the owner of the premise. I could not see the other two customers as they were hiding behind the PC. Any single movement from us will distract them. So I was given a sign to stay calm by the owner of the cybercafe. We were told to sit tight.

His collegue, seemed to be a school teenager, instructed the owner to take out all the money from the cash machine and her handbag. Once again, a smashed sound was heard behind me. For the second time, the boy was angry when the owner of the premise said that she had not any money accept her having a mobile phone. The guy seemed did not believe but grabbed the bag. He yelled at her of saying a liar she was. My blood rose rapidly and all parts of my body shivered. At this moment of time, I pretended closing my eyes and surrendered myself to Allah and the visual of my husband and children flashed. I started to forgive and forget of things that I have done to people and forget all the mistakes they did to me.

After split seconds, as I opened my eyes back, the two young guys were 'rolling' so quickly after getting the money and some valuables from the handbag. They were looking for back door, unfortunately it was locked. Oh dear, the 'drama' wasn't finished, they were still running and shouting, calling names of one and another. I was hoping, the 'scene' would have been over but they were taking times looking for exit. Both of them becoming uncontrollable and unpredictable and I prayed once again. If my life were to be exchanged to something else, I am willing. I began to feel relieved when one of the guys decided to rush out through the front door. They ran and rammed the front door. They quickly vanished and disappeared. Suddenly the owner of the premise came and hugged me. She calmed me down and held my arms. I had to cry, the feeling that I couldn't hide.

Few people from next door and few passers by noticed those two young men. But none realized they were robbers. A rakan cop(policeman) came inside and asked me a few questions. But soon, as customers walked in and start asking, I was becoming a center of attraction. I drove back, and was told to be careful by the owner of the premise.

This is what the Malays called, 'malang tidak berbau'. We would never expect or sense what will happen to our future. The destiny that you choose is what is fated to you, so you might as well always pray for the good things to happen. I am lucky, to survive and have my life back cos who knows what will happen, if those young teenagers who are desperately, STRIKE BACK.....


No comments:

KELAS MATEMATIK ONLINE

  KELAS MATEMATIK ONLINE Ibu Bapa & Pelajar, Kelas telah bermula, hantar permohonan dan mendaftar semula sekarang. Kelas Matematik Onl...